Drinking water during summers is a common advice for all. Although one can get bored from the usual plain water, so here are some of the healthy drinks which will hydrate you along with ample nutrition and health benefits with not much calories.
- Aam pana : Not many of the people know about this healthiest and tastiest drink in summers. It not only satisfy our thirst but also provides our taste buds a tangy twist. It also helps in retaining loss of iron and salt during sweating. It eases digestion and keep stomach cool during high temperatures. It provides you nutrients like iron, vit. C and also antioxidants which may fight against cancer. Also there is no restrictions for diabetic people to consume this drink, however no sugar to be added for them.
- Mint with lemon water : It is one of the most common consumed drinks in summer. Easy to make, this drink is loaded with ample of nutrition. It helps in preventing common issues in summers like heartburn, nausea and dehydration. Dehydration not only aids in loss of salt but also of sugars from our body. So adding both salt and sugar to lemon water replenishes our body stores. Lemon acts as an antioxidant with a source of vit . C, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous. It also prevents indigestion. It makes us sweat more which in turn keeps our body cool and even detoxifies us .
Addition of mint leaves to lemon water not only provides a different taste and aroma but also abundant health benefits. It has a sweet taste with a cooling after-effect. It also helps in digestion by improving the flow of bile through stomach. It is rich in antioxidants and also has anti – inflammatory properties.
- Barley water: Again one of the oldest home remedy for a number of specific health conditions, also provide benefits in summers. Drinking barley water increases urination which in turn detoxifies body. It also helps in urinary tract infection. It decreases the heat in our body. It has a cooling effect. It is a rich source of fiber,vitamins and minerals. You can also add lemon to add to its taste.
- Coconut water: It is the most natural refreshing drink with lot of beneficial properties. It has got a blend of nutrients like sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine, and phyto-hormones. It replenishes dehydration conditions in our body. It helps to compensate the fluid loss from our body . Osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Re hydration Therapy) solution. Unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides, but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition is considered to be an ideal drink as compared to any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions. It contains many bio active enzymes which helps in digestion. It contains adequate amount of sodium and potassium which are lost during dehydration.
- Buttermilk : Everyone is quite aware of this drink. As a by product of milk ,it retains some nutrition of it along with other beneficial effects. It Cools down our body heat and re-hydrate us. It is a natural pro bio-tic which aids in process of digestion and fighting against infections.
For booking, appointment call us today!!!
If you have further questions then please contact us on.
Ratika Vinchurkar is a Clinical and Lifestyle dietitian, currently practicing at RxDx. Experienced in treating nutritionally all kinds of degenerative and lifestyle disorders like Diabetes, Hypertension, Thyroid Disorders, Cardiovascular disorders, renal disorders and other chronic diseases; Her practical approach towards the lifestyle diet modification rather than just prescribing strict regimens endear her to her patients. She holds a master’s degree in Food and Nutrition and favors the theory of “you are what you eat”.