Many Reasons to regularly check the status of your health
- When you are feeling well: “Normal” test results will establish a baseline for future monitoring of your health and will give you general information about your current health status.
- Staying healthy: Testing may expose risk factors that could affect your health. This information can help you and your doctor target needed lifestyle changes.
- Early detection: Some changes in your health only become apparent over time. Health screenings can help you identify potential risks early, before symptoms begin.
- Family history: If you have concerns because of family health history, screenings can help detect your risk for developing conditions that run in your family.
- Quality interaction with your physician: When you have test results in hand, you can optimize the valuable time you spend with your physician. Having questions ready will allow for a more in-depth discussion of your specific health care concerns.
- Peace of mind: If you have made the effort to improve your health by altering your lifestyle, you can now more easily monitor your progress.