What is dermatology?
Who is a dermatologist/ Skincare specialist?
Which conditions are treated by a dermatologist?
Dermatologists can diagnose and treat over 3,000 different skin related diseases. Here are some examples of the most common conditions dermatologists treat:
- Wrinkles/ spots/ lines
- Birthmarks/ moles
- Blisters/ burns
- Sunburn/ Dry skin
- Fungal infections
- Dandruff/ itchy scalp
- Rashes/ allergies
- Warts / skin tags
When should I consult a dermatologist?
You should consult a dermatologist if you notice any kind of change in your skin, hair or nails which is not normal. The common symptoms of skin related conditions which you may notice are:
- Any kind of skin discoloration
- Any kind of rashes, patches or nodules
- Unwanted body hair
- Scars due to acne or injury
- Hair loss and dandruff
- Nail problems
- Dry itchy skin
- A mole that is growing in size
- Wart or skin tags
- Blisters, carbuncle or abscess
What services are available at RxDx?
Apart from consultation from an expert dermatologist who can diagnose and advice treatment for skin related conditions, we have the facility for:
Laser hair removal: We have the latest technology called as Diode laser which makes the procedure painless. It is an advanced Laser machine which does not produce heat during the procedure. So the hair removal becomes painless and comfortable. Usually, there are no or very minimal after effects of the procedure like skin reddening and rashes.
Chemical Peeling: Chemical peeling is done by the doctor according to the patient’s requirement. We have a variety of peels available like Glycolic acid peel, Lactic peel and also combination peels. Combination peels are the most advanced and latest peels available in the market.
Electrocauterization: It is a procedure in which heat is used to burn a small part of the body to stop the bleeding or remove tissue. The doctor performs electrocauterization for the removal of warts or skin tags.
If you have any skin related issue and you are looking for an experienced and skillful Dermatologist, book appointment with a dermatologist/ Skin care specialist at different branches of RxDx Multispeciality Healthcare center, Bengaluru!
You May Like…
- Hydrotherapy – an Effective and Natural Therapy for Pain Relief September 12, 2019
- Gait Analysis: What experts have to say? September 10, 2019
- Are You Suffering from Chronic Pain? September 5, 2019
- PRP or Platelet-rich Plasma therapy: How effective is it? August 30, 2019
- Will Breastfeeding make my child more intelligent? Find out! July 31, 2019