What is Pediatric Endocrinology?
Pediatric endocrinology is subspecialty in Pediatrics dealing with growth and hormonal disorders in children, such as variations of physical growth like short stature or tall stature, disorders of sexual development like atypical genitalia, childhood diabetes and many more. Pediatric endocrinologists care for patients from infancy to late adolescence and young adulthood
Who are Pediatric Endocrinologists?
The pediatric endocrinologists are the ones who treat children with problems such as growth, puberty, diabetes, or other disorders related to the hormones and the glands that produce them. Problems seen by pediatric endocrinologists are often quite different from those commonly seen by endocrinologists who care for adults. Special training in pediatric conditions as they relate to growth and development is important. Pediatric endocrinologists deal with hormone disorders at all stages of childhood and the teen years.
What do we do at RxDx different?
The Pediatric Endocrinology at RxDx provides comprehensive services in the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of all endocrinology disorders, in pediatric patients. The multi-disciplinary team is managed by a team of a pediatric endocrinologist, pediatrician and dietician. The focus is primarily on outpatient management of Pediatric endocrinal and metabolic diseases to prevent complications and hospital admissions. Our consultant Pediatric endocrinologist has been trained in some of the premier institutes such as AIIMS in India and can treat children with endocrine disorders related to thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands and diabetes and educates them regarding their disease.
Endocrine disorders treated at RxDx
- Adolescent Endocrinology: Delayed puberty, Amenorrhea, Obesity, PCOD, Gynecomastia.
- Adrenal Cortex and its disorders: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Cushing’s Syndrome, Virilizing and Feminizing Adrenal tumors.
- Diabetes Mellitus: intensive insulin regimen for Type 1, Type 2 diabetes, Neonatal Diabetes.
- Disorders of Growth: treatment of Constitutional Growth Delay, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Idiopathic Short Stature, Small for Gestational Age, Growth failure in children with chronic kidney disease, Excess growth, and tall stature.
- Disorders of Mineral homeostasis: Hypocalcemia, Hypercalcemia, Rickets, Osteoporosis, Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
- Endocrine disorders in the neonate: including Neonatal hypoglycemia, Neonatal Hypocalcemia, Ambiguous genitalia, Congenital hypothyroidism.
- Endocrine dysfunction in chromosomal disorders: Turner Syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, Down Syndrome, Bardet Beidl Syndrome, Beckwith Weidman syndromes and Klinefelter’s syndrome
- Endocrine complications of cancer therapy.
- Obesity, Metabolic syndrome, Lipid abnormalities.
- Puberty and its disorders: Precocious puberty, Delayed puberty, Adolescent Gynecomastia, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Amenorrhea – primary and secondary.
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroid nodule and Thyroid cancer, Thyroid hormone resistance syndromes.
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- Diet in Constipation December 10, 2018
- The Diabetes-Inflammation-Obesity Connection November 13, 2018
- Dehydration – Causes, Signs, Symptoms & Prevention July 4, 2018
- Neck pain & Spondylosis – Risk factors, Diagnosis and Treatment June 27, 2018
- What is dengue fever? June 11, 2018