What is Pediatric Endocrinology?
Pediatric Endocrinology is subspecialty in Pediatrics dealing with growth and hormonal disorders in children, such as variations of physical growth like short stature or tall stature, disorders of sexual development like atypical genitalia, childhood diabetes and many more. Pediatric endocrinologists care for patients from infancy to late adolescence and young adulthood
Who are Pediatric Endocrinologists?
What do we do at RxDx different?
Endocrine disorders treated at RxDx
- Adolescent Endocrinology: Delayed puberty, Amenorrhea, Obesity, PCOD, Gynecomastia.
- Adrenal Cortex and its disorders: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Cushing’s Syndrome, Virilizing and Feminizing Adrenal tumors.
- Diabetes Mellitus: intensive insulin regimen for Type 1, Type 2 diabetes, Neonatal Diabetes.
- Disorders of Growth: treatment of Constitutional Growth Delay, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Idiopathic Short Stature, Small for Gestational Age, Growth failure in children with chronic kidney disease, Excess growth, and tall stature.
- Disorders of Mineral homeostasis: Hypocalcemia, Hypercalcemia, Rickets, Osteoporosis, Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
- Endocrine disorders in the neonate: including Neonatal hypoglycemia, Neonatal Hypocalcemia, Ambiguous genitalia, Congenital hypothyroidism.
- Endocrine dysfunction in chromosomal disorders: Turner Syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, Down Syndrome, Bardet Beidl Syndrome, Beckwith Weidman syndromes and Klinefelter’s syndrome
- Endocrine complications of cancer therapy.
- Obesity, Metabolic syndrome, Lipid abnormalities.
- Puberty and its disorders: Precocious puberty, Delayed puberty, Adolescent Gynecomastia, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Amenorrhea – primary and secondary.
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroid nodule and Thyroid cancer, Thyroid hormone resistance syndromes.
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- How Exercise Benefits My Heart Health? October 7, 2019
- Is There a Relation Between our Food and Mood? September 28, 2019
- Are you always worrying? It can be Anxiety disorder! September 21, 2019
- Hydrotherapy – an Effective and Natural Therapy for Pain Relief September 12, 2019
- Gait Analysis: What experts have to say? September 10, 2019