What is Plastic surgery?
Who is a Plastic surgeon?
What is the difference between cosmetic and plastic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is an exclusive discipline of medicine focusing only on improving the appearance through surgical techniques. It can be performed on all areas of the head, neck and body. Since cosmetic surgery is carried out for aesthetic reasons, it is always optional and based on personal preferences.
The cosmetic surgery procedures may include:
- Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift
- Skin Rejuvenation: Laser Resurfacing, Botox, Filler Treatments
- Breast Enhancement: Augmentation, Lift, Reduction
- Facial Contouring: Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement
- Body Contouring: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia Treatment
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of body defects due to trauma, burns, birth disorders or disease. Plastic surgery is done to restore both appearance and function of the distorted skin or part.
Plastic surgery procedures may include:
- Burn Repair Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Congenital Defect Repair: Cleft Palate, Extremity Defect Repair
- Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Scar Revision Surgery
What facilities are available at RxDx?
RxDx offers correction or restoration of form and function of any part of the body, where the defect may be the result of a congenital abnormality, accident, disease or an aging process. The clinic provides consultation with experienced and renowned plastic and cosmetic surgeons. The concerned surgeon can perform minor procedures at the RxDx center and educate the patients about cosmetic / aesthetic surgeries like, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, liposuction, facial implants, jaw correction surgeries etc., which can be performed at a tertiary center.
The department is well supported by physiotherapists and occupational therapists that can provide post-surgical care that improves the functional outcome of the patient.
If you are looking for an experienced Plastic surgeon, book an appointment at RxDx Multispecialty Clinic!
You May Like…
- Will Breastfeeding make my child more intelligent? Find out! July 31, 2019
- What are the Most Common Sports Injuries? July 27, 2019
- Hepatitis: All You Need to Know July 20, 2019
- Typhoid may spread in monsoon, what should I do to prevent it? July 3, 2019
- My Teen looks Depressed, What Should I Do? June 18, 2019