Speech & Hearing Therapy
What is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy is the evaluation and treatment of speaking problems and speech disorders. It is done by speech-language pathologists (SLPs), which are often referred to as speech therapists.
Different techniques are used in speech therapy to improve communication. These include language intervention activities, articulation therapy and others depending on the type of speech disorder.
Speech therapy is usually recommended for speech disorders that develop in childhood or in adults caused by an injury, illness such as stroke.
Speech therapy consists of two components:
- Synchronizing the mouth to produce sounds to form correct words and sentences (to address fluency, articulation and voice volume regulation)
- Understanding and expressing language (to address the use of language through written, pictorial and sign forms)
How is Speech therapy done for children?
If your child has a speech problem which includes trouble pronouncing words, speech therapy may help improve language development, communication, and practical language skills.
For children, depending on the speech disorder, speech therapy is done in a small group, or one-on-one. Speech therapy techniques and activities vary depending on the child’s age, needs and type of disorder.
During speech therapy for children, the therapist may:
- Model correct sounds and syllables to teach the child how to make certain sounds
- Communicate through games, and using toys, books, pictures as part of language mediation to help stimulate speech development
- Teach strategies and exercises for the child and parent to continue speech therapy at home
What is hearing therapy?
Hearing Therapy is a procedure which provides counselling, guidance, support and practical assistance for people experiencing issues related to their hearing ability, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) or hyperacusis (increased sensitivity to certain sounds).
The person who conducts hearing therapy is called a Hearing Therapist. Their role is to provide a complete rehabilitation services for adults who have hearing problems or associated disorders.
A Hearing Therapist uses a variety of techniques to plan a customized programme for each patient to help them in improving their communication skills and to maintain social interactions. These may include:
- Auditory training
- Help with hearing aids
- Psychological counselling of patients with hearing impairments (and their families)
- Lip-reading instructions
- Inform about other support services
- Tinnitus management
Hearing therapists may also provide support with balance rehabilitation and exercises.
How is speech and hearing therapy at RxDx?
RxDx speech and hearing therapy department offers a wide range of speech and hearing therapy services to people of all ages. Our department is employed with skilled and experienced staff for audiometry and speech pathology.
We are happy to have a positive reputation for delivering excellent services with our clients. Usually, our patients are referred by physicians, educators or healthcare professionals concerned about speech and hearing disorders.
RxDx speech and hearing therapy services include:
Diagnostic hearing tests
Hearing aid assessment
Therapy for articulation and language disorders
We are also offering our services for children having conditions like autism or learning disorders; cognitive and communication therapy for patients having neurological disorders due to traumatic brain injury or stroke.
RxDx evaluates clients ranging from toddlers to adults. They can receive comprehensive evaluation that includes assessment of their speech production along with their written and oral skills. Our clients are provided with a written report including detailed recommendations of therapy.
If you have been advised speech or hearing therapy, then call RxDx customer care number and make an appointment soon!
You May Like…
- How Can I Manage My Diabetes? December 13, 2019
- Diet in Asthma November 28, 2019
- Winters are approaching, have you got Flu shot yet? November 15, 2019
- How Exercise Benefits My Heart Health? October 7, 2019
- Is There a Relation Between our Food and Mood? September 28, 2019