Is there any particular injury which you think you could’ve prevented in your cricket career?
Toni Nadal (Coach of Rafael Nadal) shared his view on RxDx SportsMed
Robin Uthappa And Sheethal Goutham On Injury Management- Sportskeeda
Adil Kalyanpur (Indian Junior Tennis sensation) shares his experience
When you decide to play any sport, you do it because you love the sport. While there is an inherent risk of injury in every sport, the kinds of injuries and the likelihood of sustaining them vary greatly from sport to sport. Bangalore in recent times has seen an inclination towards various sporting activities, be it in the form of weekend marathons, cycling, swimming, tennis, badminton, etc. Injuries can happen while practicing any sport. While some sports injuries are inevitable, many of them can be prevented, and most can be cured entirely if treated well and in a timely fashion.
Who treats a sports injury?
Sports injuries are managed by a team of doctors and physiotherapists at a sports clinic. It comprises of a sports medicine specialist or sports physician, sports orthopod or sports orthopaedic doctor, sports surgeon, sports physiotherapist, gait analysis specialist and a podiatrist. See how physiotherapy aids sports rehabilitation?
What is a sports Injury?
Sports injuries commonly occur while engaging in any form of sporting activities or exercises. It can happen due to various reasons such as overtraining, lack of conditioning, lack of enough warm up or stretching, improper technique, a fall during practice, a pulled muscle during exercise, exertion, etc.
Most common sports injuries:
- Body composition analysis
- Brute Force Functional Weight Training
- Corrective Exercises
- Customized Insoles
- Gait Analysis
- Game Ready/ Cryotherapy
- MRI Second Opinion
- Pilates Training
- Sports Injury Management and Rehabilitation
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Performance Enhancement/ Injury prevention
- Sports Physiotherapy
Complete Pre Sports Health Check at RxDx
- Blood Tests (Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous CBC, ESR, Hemoglobin, Iron profile, Vit B12, Vit D, Zinc
- Body composition analysis
- Diet consultation
- Foot analysis
- Physio assessment ( movement / flexibility / strength)
- Physician/Pediatric consultation
- Sports Ortho Consultation
- Treadmill test
How is RxDx different?
At RxDx SportsMed (Sports clinic) we have put together a complete medical team that only deals with sports injuries. A sports orthopod and musculoskeletal radiologist trained in UK are the doctors, and they are ably supported by a physiotherapy and fitness team. Also, having Bengaluru’s first dedicated foot surgeon under the same roof is an added advantage. The key to prompt treatment and faster recovery is by having a multidisciplinary team working together; A team that understands sports and fitness.
Whether you are a football player or an athlete looking to improve your performance, a marathon runner or a dancer facing some activity related injury, we have a program that can help you in improving your performance and get back in the game!
Call RxDx Multispeciality Healthcare Center, Bengaluru and take an appointment with SportsMed team!
You May Like…
- How Exercise Benefits My Heart Health? October 7, 2019
- Is There a Relation Between our Food and Mood? September 28, 2019
- Are you always worrying? It can be Anxiety disorder! September 21, 2019
- Hydrotherapy – an Effective and Natural Therapy for Pain Relief September 12, 2019
- Gait Analysis: What experts have to say? September 10, 2019