Is there any particular injury which you think you could’ve prevented in your cricket career?
Toni Nadal (Coach of Rafael Nadal) shared his view on RxDx SportsMed
Robin Uthappa And Sheethal Goutham On Injury Management- Sportskeeda
Adil Kalyanpur (Indian Junior Tennis sensation) shares his experience
When you decide to play any sport, you do it because you love the sport. While there is an inherent risk of injury in every sport, the kinds of injuries and the likelihood of sustaining them vary greatly from sport to sport. Bangalore in recent times has seen an inclination towards various sporting activities, be it in the form of weekend marathons, cycling, swimming, tennis, and badminton, etc. All these activities can lead to medical issues at the time. While some sports injuries are inevitable, many of them can be prevented, and most can be cured entirely if treated well and in a timely fashion.
Who treats a sports injury?
A sports injury treatment team consists of a group of doctors and physiotherapists. It comprises of a sports medicine specialist, sports orthopod, sports physiotherapist, gait analysis specialist and a podiatric surgeon. See how physiotherapy aids sports rehabilitation?
What is a sports Injury?
Sports injuries commonly occur while engaging in any form of sporting activities or exercises. It can happen due to various reasons such as overtraining, lack of conditioning, lack of warm enough up, improper technique, a fall during practice, a pulled muscle during exertion, etc.
Most common sports injuries:
- Shoulder Injury
- ACL tears
- Jumper’s Knee
- Ligament Tears
- Ankle Sprain
- Shin Splints
- Groin Strains
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Tennis or Golf Elbow
- Body composition analysis
- Brute Force Weight Training
- Corrective Exercises
- Customized Insoles
- Gait Analysis
- Game Ready
- MRI Second Opinion
- Pilates Training
- Sports Injury Management
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Sports Physiotherapy
Complete Pre Sports Health Check at RxDx
- Blood Tests (Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous CBC, ESR, Hemoglobin, Iron profile, Vit B12, Vit D, Zinc)
- Body composition analysis
- Diet consultation
- Foot analysis
- Physio assessment ( movement / flexibility / strength)
- Physician/Pediatric consultation
- Sports Ortho Consultation
- Treadmill test
How is RxDx different?
At RxDx SportsMed we have put together a complete medical team that understands sports. A sports orthopod and musculoskeletal radiologist trained in the UK are the doctors, and they are ably supported by a physiotherapy and fitness team. Besides, having Bangalore’s first dedicated foot surgeon under the same roof is an added benefit. Key to recovery and future prevention is having a multidisciplinary team working together. A team that understands sports and fitness.
You May Like…
- Does your child often complain of stomach ache? February 7, 2019
- Cancer: A deadly disease February 2, 2019
- Your Knee pain can be due to IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial Band Syndrome) January 30, 2019
- How an anti-inflammatory diet can boost our health? Find out January 28, 2019
- Foot Problems in Diabetic people January 24, 2019