TelemedicineYour Doctor is Online
How to book a Teleconsult?
Medical communication has evolved with information technology.
Electronic telegraph and telephones had scooped up long-distance communication from the military and naval niche and introduced it to the mass. NASA played a significant role in the early development of Telemedicine since the 1960s.
With the modernization of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Radio News Magazine illustration “The Radio Doctor – Maybe” from the 1924 issue turned from an inspiring dream into essential reality. The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, with its massive impact on global health and economy, is proving to us exactly how convenient efficient is a technology-driven Telemedicine over in-person visits for a patient in a non-emergency situation.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine (TM) “heals at a distance” as aptly described by the WHO, who describes the term as:
“The delivery of healthcare services, where distance is a critical factor, by all healthcare professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation and for the continuing education of healthcare providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities.”
Telemedicine includes online consultation with doctors and storage of medical information besides other medical services.
How does Online Consultation help?
Both the patient and the healthcare professional (HCP) benefits from remote consultations. Online consultation is a convenient alternative to an in-person visit to the clinic or hospital unless it’s an emergency. Even a debilitated patient can follow up with their doctor, purchase medicines online, or book Home Care services for themselves.
Telemedicine can be a boon to both parties are:
• Rural patients can consult specialists online
• Travel cost cut down
• No exposure to infectious diseases
• Privacy of home, security of paperless medical data
• Less compromise on family time
• More efficient Follow-up and medical data access.
Let’s take a closer look at some of those benefits:
Remote chronic disease management
- Routine follow-up visits are more convenient for doctors and patients
- Increases the probability of follow-up
- Reduces the number of missed appointments
- Improves patient outcomes
Preventative Care Support
Weight loss, diet control and quitting smoking or drinking are the key steps to prevent many chronic diseases and a host of other conditions. Teleconsultation is a valuable tool which can connect providers with patients to ensure they get the support they need to be successful.
To sum up, online consultation has increased the approachability and affordability of medical care by breaking through the patient’s geographical, physiological, and to some extent financial constraints. Now, the patient can seek medical help sooner and enjoy an improvement in the quality of life in terms of chronic condition management through Telemedicine. You get your Doctor Online.
More the development in communications technology, greater the benefits of Telemedicine.
How does e-consultation work?
The magic of modern technology enables us to “see” a doctor without getting out of our homes.
To understand how it works, let’s look at:
Expectations from online medical consultation
- Primary function should be clinical support
- Must overcome geographical barriers
- Aim should be at improving health outcomes for both patient and HCP
- Ethical use of information technology
How does RxDx fit in the world of Telemedicine?
RxDx is part of a bigger house that is one of the pioneers of the field. Teleradiology, one of the earliest specializations in the field of Telemedicine, is the prime service of the parent company.
RxDx continuously strives to update to the latest technology. The clinics focus on interactive medicine i.e. real time communication between physician and patient. The mfine app allows remote patient monitoring by helping keep track with follow up schedules, store old and new medical records, and share new lab results.
RxDx has also introduced Teleconsultation services at two rural clinics known as AarogyaKendra, serving the ten villages around Hoskote in Bengaluru (R), bringing them remote access to specialist consultations.
The Teleconsultation process at RxDx
- Call 08049261111 to book a Teleconsultation appointment
- Download the mfine app and use hospital code RxDx to access InstaDoc@RxDx
- Doctor calls you at scheduled time via mfine (or skype or WhatsApp video, depends on the patient’s age-related tech comfort)
- After the consultation from the privacy of your own space. You receive your prescription online (mfine app or email) with a link to purchase medicines.
RxDx Telemedicine count (India)
Telemedicine Sites we cover in India