Dr Annie Mathew is a Consultant Psychiatrist in Bangalore with over 13 years of experience in the field of Psychiatry. As a faculty in the Duke University Medical Centre, she was involved in the assessment, workup, and treatment of patients with resistant depression. Dr Mathew has participated in various research programs on mental health as co-investigator and as principle investigator. She is particularly interested in areas of Non-invasive Brain Stimulation, Geriatric Psychiatry, Self-systems Therapy for Depressions, Suicide and Deliberate Self-harm, and Consultation Liaison Psychiatry.
MBBS, Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai, India (affiliated to Madras Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)
MD – Psychiatry, Institute of Mental Health (affiliated to Dr MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu, India)
Indian Psychiatric Society
- 13 years
- Currently attached with RxDx Healthcare as Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant Psychiatrist, Carefit (a unit of Healthface Pvt Limited); 2018-2020
- Consultant Psychiatrist, Seraniti; 2016-2018
- Faculty, Division of Brain Stimulation and Neurophysiology, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Duke University Medical Centre, U.S.; 2015-2016
- Research Volunteer, Division of Brain Stimulation, Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Centre, U.S.; 2015-2015
- Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist, Department of Psychodiabetology, Karnataka Institute of Diabetology, Bangalore, India; 2012-2014
Non-invasive Brain Stimulation
Self-systems Therapy for Depressions
Suicide and Deliberate Self-harm
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
Research Experience as Study Coordinator, Co-Investigator and Principal Investigator across India and U.S.A.
“Dr Annie came across as a thorough professional in identifying my problems and heard me out with a lot of patience, concern and willingness to offer genuine help in times when I needed it the most. Her reassurance coupled with empathy made me feel extremely comfortable and at ease. She instilled a ray of Hope in me where everything seemed bleak and futile. Her friendly, accommodating and grinning approach put my grim away for a while. Her positivity was amazing and her consideration & concernment were palpable.
“She was extremely patient, involved, considerate and was devoted to helping me. Thank you, Doc., my life changed for the better when I started consulting with her.
Consulted Dr Annie Mathew? Share your experience.