Dr Sejal Shah has over 19 years of experince; Special interest and vast experience in Fetal cardiology and non-invasive Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac CT / MRI; Instrumental in running HANDS ON HEART “Pediatric Telecardiology“ project with colleagues from RxDx and a few other hospitals dedicated to pediatric cardiac care; Actively involved in teaching fellowship programs, e – classes; Organized CMEs in Fetal echocardiography and Module based training programs for pediatricians; Over 30 publications in journals and textbooks, Editor of the Textbook on Fetal Echocardiography published in 2017. Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology from Chennai, India; Observership and Training in Fetal Echocardiography and Cardiac MRI, Montreal, Canada; Diploma in Child Health. Life member, Pediatric Cardiac Society of India.
|Qualifications||MBBS, Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College (NHLMMC), Gujarat University, India|
|MD (Pediatrics), Sheth K.M. School of Post Graduate Medicine and Research, Gujarat University, India|
|Diploma in Child Health (DCH) Sheth K.M. School of Post Graduate Medicine and Research, Gujarat University, India|
|Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai, India|
|Observership and Training in Fetal Echocardiography and Cardiac MRI, Montreal, Canada|
Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, Life member (OLM 48)
- 19 years as specialist
- As Senior Consultant, Pediatric Cardiology, associated with the “HANDS ON HEART” – at RxDx clinics, Bangalore)
- National Coordinator for the study ADVANCE, Research Associate in the Department of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi, India
Noninvasive Pediatric Cardiology
Cardiac CT / MRI
Awards & Nominations
Won the young investigator award for the best paper presentation, Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology
Publications & Talks
• Vivek Kumar, Sejal Shah. Anantomically corrected malpostion of great arteries misdiagnosed as transposition of great arteries: Diagnosis on fetal echocardiiography. 2016, 9.
• Venkatraman Bhat, Vinay Belaval, Karthik Gadabanahalli, Sejal Shah. Illustrated Imaging Essay on Congenital Heart Diseases: Multimodality Approach Part II: Acyanotic Congenital Heart Disease and Extracardiac Abnormalities. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research. July 2016, vol 10, Pg TE01-TE06
• Venkatraman Bhat, Vinay Belaval, Karthik Gadabanahalli, Vimal Raj, Sejal Shah. Illustrated Imaging Essay on Congenital Heart Diseases: Multimodality Approach Part III: Cyanotic Heart Diseases and Complex Congenital Anomalies. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research. July 2016, vol 10, Pg TE01-TE10
• Bhat V, Gadabanahalli K, Sharma R, Shah S. Unique branching pattern of aortic arch in a patient with the aortopulmonary window. BJR 2016, 2: 20150298
• Rahul P Saraf, PV Suresh, Sunita Maheshwari, and Sejal S Shah. Pediatric echocardiograms performed at primary centers: Diagnostic errors and missing links! Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Jan-Apr; 8(1): 20–24.
• Dhanya Warrier, Sejal Shah, Colin John, L Dayananda. A rare association with patent ductus arteriosus. Ann of Ped cardiol 2012; 5: 191-193.
• Dhanya Warrier, Rahul Saraf, Sunita Maheshwari, PV Suresh, Sejal Shah. Awareness of Fetal Echo in Indian scenario. Ann of Ped Cardiol 2012; 5: 156-159.
• Siddaramapa J. Patil, B G Madhusudhan, Sejal Shah, P V Suresh. Facial phenotype at different ages and cardiovascular malformations in children with Williams-Beuren syndrome: A study from India. Am J Med Genet Part A 9999: 1-6.
• Sejal Shah, Kavya, Rahul Saraf, Shekhar Rao. Unusual Differential diagnosis of Common Arterial Trunk. Pediatr Cardiol
• Patil SJ, Ponnala R, Shah S, Dalal A. Mosaic Trisomy
• Presenting with Congenital Heart Disease, Facial Dysmorphism and Pigmentary Skin Lesions: Intricate Issues of Genetic Counseling.Indian J Pediatr. 2011 Oct 6. [Epub ahead of print]
• Pankaj Bajpai, Sejal Shah, Amit Misri, Shekhar Rao, PV Suresh, Sunita Maheshwari. Assessment of operability in d-Transposition of great arteries with ventricular septal defect: A practical method. Ann Pediat Cardiol 2011; 4: 41-44.
• Sejal Shah, Mukesh Singh, Colin John, Sunita Maheshwari. Supracardiac total anomalous pulmonary venous connection with a descending verticle vein. Pediatr Cardiol 2009; 30: 1043-1045.
• Anamika Mehta, Sejal Shah, Amit Misri, PV Suresh, Sunita Maheshwari. Severe mitral regurgitation: A misleading presentation. Indian Heart Journal 2009; 61: 303-305.
• Sejal Shah, Ritesh Sukhramwala, Sunita Maheshwari. Aortic atresia with aortopulmonary window simulating common arterial trunk. Cardiol Young 2009; 19: 3040-306.
• S Shah, PV Suresh, S Maheshwari, S Rao. Cardiac Mucormycosis with T cell immunodeficiency. Indian Pediatrics 2009; (46): 257-259.
• Kiran VS, Singh M, Shah S, John C, Maheshwari S. Lessons learnt from a series of patients with missed aortopulmonary windows. Cardiol Young Oct 2008; 18(5): 480-484. Marwah A, Shah S, Suresh PV, Maheshwari S. Arterial tortuosity syndrome: A rare entity. Ann Pediatr Card 2008; 1:62-64
• Sejal Shah, Amit Misri, Meenakshi Bhat, Sunita Maheshwari. Gauchers disease type III C. Unusual cause of intracardiac calcification. Annals of pediatric Cardiology July-Dec 2008 1;2:144-146
• Rajesh Sharma, Ashutosh Marwah, Sejal Shah, and Sunita Maheshwari. Isolated Atrioventricular Discordance: Surgical Experience. Ann Thorac Surg 2008;85:1403-1406.
• Pankaj Bajpai, Sejal Shah, PV Suresh, Sunita Maheshwari, Shekhar Rao. Tricuspid atresia with truncus arteriosus: An Uncommon Association. Indian Heart Journal 2007; 59(6): 503- 505.
• Sejal Shah, Sunita Maheshwari. Contrast Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Disease: A Review. Journal of the Indian Academy of Echocardiography. January-April 2007 Vol. 20 No. 8
• A Marwah, PV Suresh, S Shah, S Maheshwari, A Misri. Parachute tricuspid valve. Eur J Echocardiogr (2006) 7 (3): 226-227
• Sejal Shah, Ashutosh Marawah, PV Suresh, Sunita Maheshwari. Combined Aortic and Pulmonary stenosis. Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, Newsletter, 2006:
• S Shah. An unusual cause of right ventricular failure. Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, Newsletter, 2005: 12(3): 3-4.
• S Shah, A Marwah, PV Suresh, R Sharma. A case report. Intravenous urokinase after fontan operation. Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, Newsletter 2005; 6(3): 7.
• S Shah, SS Kothari. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in an infant: Unusual cause. Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, Newsletter, 2003; 7(2): 2.
• S Shah, S Srinivas. Unilateral pulmonary artery agenesis: an unusual cause for persistence of pulmonary hypertension. Madras Medical Mission, Newsletter, 2001; 1 :11- 13.
• Shah MJ, Shah S, Shankargowda S, Krishnan U, Cherian KM. L-R shunt: a serious consequence of TAPVC repair without ligation of vertical vein. Ann Thorac Surg. 2000;70(3):971-3.
• R Juneja, S Shah, N Naik, SS Kothari, A Saxena, KK Talwar. Management of Cardiomyopathy resulting from incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and children. Indian Heart Journal 2002; 54: 176-180. (B)
• PV Suresh, Sejal Shah. Basics of Fetal Echocardiography. In: Sejal Shah. Text book of Fetal Echocardiography. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
• Sejal Shah. Fetal Heart Failure… In: Sejal Shah. Text book of Fetal Echocardiography. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
• Sejal Shah. Outcome of Prenatally diagnosed congenital heart disease… In: Sejal Shah. Text book of Fetal Echocardiography. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
• Sejal Shah. Cardiac Malpositions. In: Vijayalakshmi IB, Rao PS, Chugh R. A Comprehensive Approach to Congenital Heart Diseases (A Lifelong Odyssey) Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2013
• S Shah, R Juneja. “Atrioventricular septal defect”. In: Satpathy, editor Text book of Pediatric cardiology.
• Corrected transposition of great arteries with VSD and pulmonary stenosis. Focused Difficult Clinical Scenario. At the 8th Annual conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, October 2006.
• Embryology of Heart – Basics. At the CME Genetics and Pediatric Cardiology, Narayana Hrudalaya, November 2006.
• Pre and post tricuspid shunts. At the Pediatric Cardiology workshop, Pediatric Critical Care Conference, Narayana Hrudalaya, November 2006
• Cyanotic baby with circulatory collapse: Interactive session. At the 9th Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India held on 23rd October, 2008. Also, chairing the session of case scenario: 8-year-old with syncope, 16 year old with chest pain, adolescent girl with hypertension, 12 year old with family history of sudden cardiac death at young age. At the 9th Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India held on 23rd October, 2007
• TEE in congenital heart disease. At the TEE workshop held at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore for Anaesthetists on 28th March, 2008.
• Segmental approach in complex congenital heart diseases. At the “ECHO symposium” on ‘Tips in Practical Echocardiography’ on 25.5.2008 organised by Cardiological society of India, Bangalore Chapter and Indian Academy of Echocardiography, Karnataka Chapter
• Clues to diagnosis in congenital heart disease. at karneocon on 19th October 2008 held at kolar medical college.
• In imaging symposium: “Advanced 2D echocardiography for CHD” session at the 10th Annual conference of the Pediatric Cardiac Society of India held on 7th Nov, 2008 at Kochi
• Cardiac manifestations of systemic diseases at PEDICON held on 25th January, 2009 at Bangalore
• “Development of heart” at short course on clinical cardiovascular genetics held by center for human genetics on 30th January, 2010, Bangalore
• “Fetal heart, Diagnosis and beyond, Pediatric Cardiologist’s perspective” at Indian Radiological and Imaging Association – Karnataka chapter, Mini symposium. On 28th May, 2010, Bangalore.
• “2D echo anatomy of AV septal defect” at the 12th Annual Conference of the Pediatric Cardiac society of India held on 8th Oct, 2010 at Mumbai.
• Does prenatal detection of heart defects make a difference at Fetal Echo: An Overview held on 9th April, 2011 at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore
• “Infective Endocarditis and its prophylaxis: what’s new” at The Paediatric Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac Anaesthesia Conference on the 23rd September 2011 at the Bayview Beach Resort, Penang, Malaysia.
• “Management decision in CHD” – at the LIFE 2011 workshop Imaging the fetus – Journey thru the trimesters, translating evidence clinical practice on 29th October, 2011.
• “Causes and Management of persistent postoperative chylothorax” at The Paediatric Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac Anaesthesia Conference on the 24th September 2011 at the Bayview Beach Resort, Penang, Malaysia.
• “Interesting fetal echocardiogram” at the Fetal Echo CME held on 18th March, 2012 at Mumbai
• “Fetal Echo: Indications, normal views and interpretation” at CME: Fetal medicine at Fortis 2012, on 19th August, 2012
• “Segmental approach in the CHD” at the CSI meet, Karnataka Chapter, Hubli on 17th March, 2013
• “Basics of fetal echo” at the CSI echo workshop held at Mysore on 26th May, 2013.
• “Fetal echo: How to do?” at ECHO India, held at Bangalore on 31st August, 2013.
• Hands on for te 8th National IACA – TEE workshop cum CME at NH, Bangalore on 7th June 2014.
• “Evaluation of cTGA”in a focused theme symposium on correcting the corrected transpositions held by the Children’s Heart Centre at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital on 7th-8th November 2014.
• CME for Pediatricians in the first Eastern India Pediatric Intervention conference at Kolkata on 27th March 2015.
• Annual conference of PCSI at Hyderabad on 16th-17th October 2015.
• Fetal echo CME at Cochin in December 2015
• Hands on for the 9th National IACTA – TEE workshop cum CME at NH, Bangalore on 21st-23rd August 2015.
• “Indications of Fetal echo” at Fetal echo CME held at Cochin 2016
• “Outflow tract anomalies” in the Fetal echo CME at PCSI, Bangalore on October 2nd 2016
• Panel discussion in the Pediatric Cardiology session at South Pedicon held at Shivamogga in October 2016.
• Fetal cardiology – what is new? At JIC 2017 Congenital Heart disease symposium held at Ahmedabad on Jan 8th 2017.
• Functional Echo at National Pedicon held at Bangalore on 18th January 2017.
• Basics of Echo: 2D and Doppler at Kongu pedicon at Coimbatore on 6th August, 2017
• Functional Echo at Kongu pedicon at Coimbatore on 6th August, 2017
• Fetal echo with reference to Parental counseling at the Indian academy of echo meet in Bangalore August 2017
• What a pediatric cardiologist wants from a fetal echo report at Indian radiology association monthly meet in Bangalore in August 2017
• Clues to diagnosis of CHD at the Current challenges in pediatric care CSI hospital meet in October 2017, Bangalore
• The four chamber view in fetal echo at the PCSI conference 2017 held on 29h October, 2017 in Mumbai
• Fetal Bradyarrhythmias at the Fetocon, November 2017 held at Amrita hospital, Cochin
• Module I: Pediatric cardiology module based training program for pediatricians conducted on November 6th 2017 at Telerad RxDx, Bangalore
• Fetal cardiac defects: Pediatric cardiologist’s perspective, at Bangalore fetal medicine center, in FebRruary 2017
• Module II: Hands on Heart, Workshop for Neonatologists conducted as a part of Karneocon held on 1st March, 2018 at Telerad RxDx, Bangalore
• Pulmonary hypertension in Neonates: Role of Pediatric cardiologist at Karneocon on 4th March, 2018
• Timing of intervention for CHD: at September symposium organized by CSI hospital, Bangalore on 2nd September 2018
• Ebstein’s anomaly – Anatomy and imaging: on 14th September 2018 at PCSI, Ahmedabad
• Ductal dependent Pulmonary circulation in fetal echo CME on 15th September 2018 at PCSI, Ahmedabad
• Module III: Workshop for pediatricians on Basic Heart diseases conducted on 6th June 2018 at Telerad RxDx, Bangalore
• Module IV: Workshop for Pediatricians on ECG – Basics and beyond conducted on 6th January 2019 at Telerad RxDx, Bangalore
• Ductal dependend lesions – is it important to diagnose in fetal life? In Parcon 2019 held at Ahmedabad on 3rd February 2019
• Management of congenital heart disease in fetal life in Parcon 2019 held at Ahmedabad on 3rd February 2019
• Care of heart, right from the start on International Women’s Day at Bangalore Medical College on 8th March 2019
• Duct Dependent lesions – Is it important to evaluate? In Fetus Focus held at Kurnool, AP on 13th August 2019
• Fetal outcome after diagnosis of CHD in Fetus focus held at Kurnool, AP on 13th August 2019
• Fetal rhythm Workshop 2019 at PCSI 2019 held in Raipur on 13th October 2019
• Office Practice and Beyond – as preconference workshop for UP Pedicon held on 15th November 2019 at Aligarh Muslim University
• Fetus or Neonate with congenital heart disease – Diagnosis and implications in ANP Pune held on 23rd February 2020, Pune
Her attitude was very good and a positive energy is always with her.