What is dermatology?
Who is a dermatologist/ Skincare specialist?
Which conditions are treated by a dermatologist?
- Wrinkles/ spots/ lines
- Birthmarks/ moles
- Blisters/ burns
- Sunburn/ Dry skin
- Fungal infections
- Dandruff/ itchy scalp
- Rashes/ allergies
- Warts / skin tags
Laser therapy has an extensive use in the field of Dermatology.
Skin conditions that may require Laser Treatment
1. Congenital Skin Defects including vascular and pigmented lesions
2. Removal of tattoos, scars and wrinkles
3. Cosmetic purpose, like excessive or unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body
The pigment Melanin in skin absorbs the light emitted by the laser. That light converts to heat and damages the hair follicle. This, in turn, inhibits or delays hair growth.
Laser hair removal can be done on any part of the body, including areas like face, legs, arms and underarms.
Laser hair removal technique isn’t permanent but works for much longer, compared to shaving or waxing.
Advanced Technology used in Laser Skin Treatment can rejuvenate your skin by removing wrinkles and tightening your skin.
Types of Laser Skin Treatment:
1. Laser Resurfacing technique is used to stimulate collagen production along with new cells in the dermal layer of skin, as a result, reduce or eliminate fine lines and wrinkles appearing on the face and neck.
2. Another method of Laser Skin Rejuvenation treatment is heating up the underlying layers of skin by infrared light. Collagen is produced which tightens up the skin.
Safe way to get a laser therapy
One should get a laser hair removal treatment in a well sanitized clinic for safety. A skilled skin care specialist or dermatologist can perform the procedure with high precision and avoid damage to surrounding tissues.
When should I consult a dermatologist?
- Any kind of skin discoloration
- Any kind of rashes, patches or nodules
- Unwanted body hair
- Scars due to acne or injury
- Hair loss and dandruff
- Nail problems
- Dry itchy skin
- A mole that is growing in size
- Wart or skin tags
- Blisters, carbuncle or abscess
What services are available at RxDx?
Laser hair removal: We have the latest technology called as Diode laser which makes the procedure painless. It is an advanced Laser machine which does not produce heat during the procedure. So the hair removal becomes painless and comfortable. Usually, there are no or very minimal after effects of the procedure like skin reddening and rashes.
Chemical Peeling: Chemical peeling is done by the doctor according to the patient’s requirement. We have a variety of peels available like Glycolic acid peel, Lactic peel and also combination peels. Combination peels are the most advanced and latest peels available in the market.
Electrocauterization: It is a procedure in which heat is used to burn a small part of the body to stop the bleeding or remove tissue. The doctor performs electrocauterization for the removal of warts or skin tags.
If you have any skin related issue and you are looking for an experienced and skillful Dermatologist, book appointment with a dermatologist/ Skin care specialist at different branches of RxDx Multispeciality Healthcare center, Bengaluru!
Dermatologist - Cosmetologist - Hair Transplant Surgeon - Cosmetic Surgeon
Available on all seven days of the week