Pulmonary Function Test
What is Pulmonary Function Test?
Pulmonary function test (PFT) is a test to evaluate how well your lungs work.
What does it show?
It helps to analyze how well individuals are able to breathe and how efficiently their lungs provide oxygen to the rest of their body.
Who needs it?
- Individuals having symptoms of lung issues
- Frequently exposed to harmful substances, dust, pollen, pollution in their workplace and environment
- To review how well your lungs are working before you have surgery
Does it need any preparation?
Heavy meals, caffeinated foods or drinks, Smoking or exercise strenuously should be avoided before the test.
Who Does It?
Pulmonary Function Tests are typically performed by a respiratory therapist, trained nurses, and/or General Practioners. At RxDx, this test is also included as part of Preventive health checkups
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- Diet in Constipation December 10, 2018
- The Diabetes-Inflammation-Obesity Connection November 13, 2018
- Dehydration – Causes, Signs, Symptoms & Prevention July 4, 2018
- Neck pain & Spondylosis – Risk factors, Diagnosis and Treatment June 27, 2018
- What is dengue fever? June 11, 2018