Pulmonary Function Test
What is Pulmonary Function Test?
Pulmonary function test (PFT) is a test to evaluate how well your lungs work.
What does it show?
It helps to analyze how well individuals are able to breathe and how efficiently their lungs provide oxygen to the rest of their body.
Who needs it?
- Individuals having symptoms of lung issues
- Frequently exposed to harmful substances, dust, pollen, pollution in their workplace and environment
- To review how well your lungs are working before you have surgery
Does it need any preparation?
Heavy meals, caffeinated foods or drinks, Smoking or exercise strenuously should be avoided before the test.
Who Does It?
Pulmonary Function Tests are typically performed by a respiratory therapist, trained nurses, and/or General Practioners. At RxDx, this test is also included as part of Preventive health checkups
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- Does your child often complain of stomach ache? February 7, 2019
- Cancer: A deadly disease February 2, 2019
- Your Knee pain can be due to IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial Band Syndrome) January 30, 2019
- How an anti-inflammatory diet can boost our health? Find out January 28, 2019
- Foot Problems in Diabetic people January 24, 2019