Pulmonary Function Test
What is Pulmonary Function Test?
Pulmonary function test (PFT) is a test to evaluate how well your lungs work.
What does it show?
It helps to analyze how well individuals are able to breathe and how efficiently their lungs provide oxygen to the rest of their body.
Who needs it?
- Individuals having symptoms of lung issues
- Frequently exposed to harmful substances, dust, pollen, pollution in their workplace and environment
- To review how well your lungs are working before you have surgery
Does it need any preparation?
Heavy meals, caffeinated foods or drinks, Smoking or exercise strenuously should be avoided before the test.
Who Does It?
Pulmonary Function Tests are typically performed by a respiratory therapist, trained nurses, and/or General Practioners. At RxDx, this test is also included as part of Preventive health checkups
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- Will Breastfeeding make my child more intelligent? Find out! July 31, 2019
- What are the Most Common Sports Injuries? July 27, 2019
- Hepatitis: All You Need to Know July 20, 2019
- Typhoid may spread in monsoon, what should I do to prevent it? July 3, 2019
- My Teen looks Depressed, What Should I Do? June 18, 2019