What is Sleep Study?
A sleep study is a non-invasive test done while you are asleep. It helps in diagnosing different sleep disorders. In this test, the doctor observes you while you are sleeping and records data about your sleep pattern, which includes:
- Breathing rate
- Heart rate
- Eye movements
- Blood oxygen levels
- Muscle activity
Who needs to undergo a Sleep study?
Your doctor may suggest Sleep study if he or she suspects you have:
- Sleep apnea or any sleep-related breathing disorder– In this condition, breathing may repeatedly stop and start during sleep.
- Periodic limb movement disorder– In this disorder, a person may repeatedly flex and extend their legs while sleeping. This condition can be associated with restless legs syndrome.
- Insomnia– Consistently having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Narcolepsy– Experiencing irresistible daytime drowsiness and sudden need to sleep.
- REM sleep behavior disorder– It involves acting out dreams while asleep.
- Unusual behaviors- Includes sleep walking or moving around during sleep.
How do I prepare for a Sleep study?
Who conducts the Sleep study?
What happens during the Sleep study?
Where is it done?
Although Sleep study is typically done within a hospital or at a sleep center. But for most of the people it is difficult to get a sound sleep in a hospital setting. Therefore at RxDx, the patient can choose to either get the test done in the clinic or at his/her own house. Our technologist will come to your house and conduct the test, while you comfortably sleep in your own bed.
“If you are suffering from any sleep-related issues, consult a physician at RxDx Multispeciality Healthcare center, who can evaluate your condition and may recommend you a Sleep study”
To know more or to book an appointment please call 08049261111
You May Like…
- Down’s Syndrome, Trisomy Twenty-onederful March 21, 2019
- How oral health can affect your overall health? Find out March 16, 2019
- Hello women! Time to give the best gift; you can, to your body March 7, 2019
- How Kinesiology Tape helps in relieving pain? Find out March 7, 2019
- Does your child often complain of stomach ache? February 7, 2019