What is Gastroenterology?
Who are Gastroenterologists?
Indications of Endoscopy (Upper GI Endoscopy)
Upper endoscopy is currently one of the most frequently performed procedures. The most common indications for diagnostic EGD include dyspepsia unresponsive to medical therapy or related with systemic signs, dysphagia or odynophagia, persistent gastroesophageal reflux symptoms, occult gastrointestinal bleeding, and scrutiny for malignancy.
These guidelines, however, are largely based on consensus opinion, and few controlled trials have evaluated the effect of endoscopy on patient outcome, medical expenditures, and management. It appears that the advantages of therapeutic upper endoscopy for such conditions as acute gastrointestinal bleeding, foreign-body removal, and stricture dilatation are more well defined.
How is RxDx different?
Gastroenterology Consultation available for following conditions:
Difficulty in swallowing, heartburn, gastritis, unexpected weight loss, loss of appetite, jaundice, gall stones and biliary diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, blood in the stools, constipation, chronic diarrhea and certain pancreatic diseases.
- CT scan, abdominal Ultrasound
You May Like…
- Will Breastfeeding make my child more intelligent? Find out! July 31, 2019
- What are the Most Common Sports Injuries? July 27, 2019
- Hepatitis: All You Need to Know July 20, 2019
- Typhoid may spread in monsoon, what should I do to prevent it? July 3, 2019
- My Teen looks Depressed, What Should I Do? June 18, 2019