What is Gastroenterology?
Who are Gastroenterologists?
Indications of Endoscopy (Upper GI Endoscopy)
Upper endoscopy is currently one of the most frequently performed procedures. The most common indications for diagnostic EGD include dyspepsia unresponsive to medical therapy or related with systemic signs, dysphagia or odynophagia, persistent gastroesophageal reflux symptoms, occult gastrointestinal bleeding, and scrutiny for malignancy.
These guidelines, however, are largely based on consensus opinion, and few controlled trials have evaluated the effect of endoscopy on patient outcome, medical expenditures, and management. It appears that the advantages of therapeutic upper endoscopy for such conditions as acute gastrointestinal bleeding, foreign-body removal, and stricture dilatation are more well defined.
How is RxDx different?
Gastroenterology Consultation available for following conditions:
Difficulty in swallowing, heartburn, gastritis, unexpected weight loss, loss of appetite, jaundice, gall stones and biliary diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, blood in the stools, constipation, chronic diarrhea and certain pancreatic diseases.
- CT scan, abdominal Ultrasound
You May Like…
- Why should we start Homeopathic treatment at an early stage of life? January 23, 2020
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Heart-Healthy Diet January 18, 2020
- New Year’s Resolutions for Health January 8, 2020
- How Can I Manage My Diabetes? December 13, 2019
- Diet in Asthma November 28, 2019